Garnett Tourism Advisory Committee is comprised of seven volunteers. The committee was created and established by the Garnett City Commission by ordinance on April 24, 2007. The responsibilities of this committee are:
- To study, investigate and develop programs and plans to create and maintain an environment
in which tourism can flourish in Garnett and in the adjacent areas of Anderson County.
- Foster communication regarding and encouraging collaborative marketing strategies to maximize
Garnett as a competitive tourist destination.
- Counsel the Governing Body and the City Manager regarding all aspects of tourism and the
promotion thereof, including but not limited to the expenditure by the Governing Body of Garnett’s
transient guest tax monies. Click HERE for a Transient Guest Tax Fund Request Form / Application.
- Assist the City in seeking grants of outside funding to further tourism, and if the City is a grantee
recipient of grant funds, to give the Governing Body counsel and advice regarding the expenditure
- When requested by the Governing Body, consider, investigate, make findings and report and
recommend upon any special matter or question coming within the scope of the Board’s work.
Email: Garnett Tourism
Telephone: (785) 448-5496
Garnett Tourism Advisory Committee
C/O Garnett City Hall 131 W. 5th Avenue
P.O. Box H Garnett, Kansas 66032
This advisory committee meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 4:30 p.m. It consists of seven (7) members who serve three (3) year terms. They are directly responsible for overseeing the tourism promotion and marketing activities for the City of Garnett.
Minutes are not posted until approved by committee during their meeting.
Meeting Minutes - 2019
Advisory Board Members Terms Expire
Susan Caron 05/08/2020
Travis Wilson 05/08/2020
Laurel Ladewig 05/08/2021
April Renfroe 05/08/2021
Paula Wallace 05/08/2022
Nicole Stevenson 05/08/2022
Tom Emerson 05/08/2022
Taking direction for the Garnett Tourism Advisory Committee, Susan and Kris carry out the day-to-day goals and objectives.