Advisory Board Members Terms Expire
Krystal Baugher 12/31/2024
Paula Wallace (Vice-Chair) 12/31/2025
Nicole Stevenson 12/31/2025
Tom Emerson (Chair) 12/31/2025
Michaela Read 12/31/2023
Helen Norman 12/31/2023
Email: Garnett Tourism
Telephone: (785) 448-5496
Garnett Tourism Advisory Committee
C/O Garnett City Hall 131 W. 5th Avenue
P.O. Box H Garnett, Kansas 66032
*Minutes are not posted until approved by committee during their meeting.
This advisory committee meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 4:30 p.m. It consists of seven (7) members who serve three (3) year terms. At least one (1), but no more than two (2) members may be non-city residents. They are directly responsible for overseeing the tourism promotion and marketing activities for the City of Garnett.
Garnett Tourism Advisory Committee is comprised of seven volunteers. The committee was created and established by the Garnett City Commission by ordinance on April 24, 2007. The responsibilities of this committee are:
- To study, investigate and develop programs and plans to create and maintain an environment in which tourism can flourish in Garnett and in the adjacent areas of Anderson County.
- Foster communication regarding and encouraging collaborative marketing strategies to maximize Garnett as a competitive tourist destination.
- Counsel the Governing Body and the City Manager regarding all aspects of tourism and the promotion thereof, including but not limited to the expenditure by the Governing Body of Garnett’s transient guest tax monies.
- Assist the City in seeking grants of outside funding to further tourism, and if the City is a grantee recipient of grant funds, to give the Governing Body counsel and advice regarding the expenditure thereof.
- When requested by the Governing Body, consider, investigate, make findings and report and recommend upon any special matter or question coming within the scope of the Board’s work.